Thursday, October 21, 2010

Keep Your Chin Up!

For most of us - it means - don't let yourself get too down, these times will pass soon. Keep your chin up so you can see the good that is before you and recognize your many blessings. For me, it literally means: "Keep your chin up so that when you hit the ground your face is protected." That is the thought I had last night as I tripped going outside to get the cat (darn cat!). I did save my face - but my feet, ankles, knees, hip, hands and shoulders are aching today! It made me remember the day when I was walking to my Aunt June's house after school and tripped on the street. That time I landed on a rock that imbedded itself in my palm. Last night, gratefully, I only skinned my knee! I'm lucky! It's a lot further to the ground than it used to be!

No comments: