Sunday, October 2, 2011

Autumn Surprises!

After spending the weekend listening to our church leaders speak at our General Conference, we felt the need to get up and move. So after the last session today, we took a short drive to our local conservation area so we could walk and enjoy nature a little bit too. It was beautiful and fall is just starting to make it's presence known. We saw a momma and her two babies way off in the trees.

I also noticed this 'No Swimming' sign. If you look closely at this nasty pond, would it really be a temptation to jump in? I don't think so!

I was on the lookout for snakes. They mow along the edge of the trail so it is less likely that you'll step on one when walking. This one was already dead - but I still needed a picture for proof that they are there! By the way - I'm glad it was dead!

I love it when the leaves start changing. This was almost the only leaf on this tree that had turned colors. And it's heart shaped - I loved it!

The praying mantis was actually on our back deck. I took his picture before we left the house.

My favorite walking partner. My sweet husband of almost 30 years. I'll follow him anywhere!
Enjoy your fall!

No comments: