Sunday, January 1, 2012

My 2011 Reading List

One of my goals for 2011 was to read more. I was shooting for one book a month. I read 13. And honestly - there was a month when I read 5 or 6 books (when I was reading The Great and Terrible series...seriously, I couldn't put them down!) and months when I didn't finish a book at all! But this is what I read last year.
A Mother's Book of Secrets by Linda Eyre and Shawni Eyre Pothier is an excellent quick read for any young (or not so young) mother! It offers hope and helpful suggestions for ways to be a better parent and gives insight on seeing your children in a different way - and maybe looking at parenting in a different way. And I loved the pictures of their children that are in the book. I would also suggest you check out their website: The Power of Moms at www.PowerofMoms.com. I would also check out: 71toes.blogspot.com

While My Sister Sleeps - it's a bit of a love story, entwined in a families struggle to understand one another and cope in the midst of a crisis.

The 17 Second Miracle may just change your life a bit! I enjoyed this book a LOT.

And if you haven't read The Help yet - you should!

One Week in December - interesting book - I have conflicted feelings about it - but overall, it was an ok read.

I read this series of books called 'The Great and Terrible' by Chris Stewart. It is an Excellent series of books that I would HIGHLY recommend.






Water for Elephants - loved the book although it does have a few raunchy passages in it. I was glad they didn't bring those out in the movie - but overall I liked the book.

The Message - another interesting read.

Not sure how my reading list for 2012 will end up - but I am looking forward to continuing the trend! I didn't quite finish reading The Book of Mormon again, and I've started reading 'Heaven is for Real'. What's on your reading list for 2012?

No comments: