Thursday, June 9, 2011

Strawberry Pie

I went to my garden the other morning before it got too hot and picked strawberries. Strawberries fresh from the garden are YUMMY!

Then I made this:

See the white layer? It's a little cream cheese concoction that is AmAzInG! It's a nice little surprise when you take that first bite! Enjoy.
STRAWBERRY PIE
1 pkg strawberry jello (I use sugar free)
2 Tbs. cornstarch
1 c. sugar
Mix these three ingredients together and gradually add to:
2 c. boiling water.
Stir until dissolved - do not let it boil. Cool. When partially set, add sliced berries.
--Cream Cheese Layer-- (optional)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 container Cool Whip
Cream together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar. When completely mixed together, fold in the whipped topping. Spread over an already baked and cooled pie shell. Pour the strawberry mixture over this and refrigerate until set. Enjoy with a scoop of icecream or a dollop of whipped topping on the top.

1 comment:

Lesa said...

YUM! I think the cream cheese layer won't be optional at my house :)