Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Less than I would expect....

 I've noticed in these days of our economic down turn, that sometimes we get less than what we think we are.  I understand that manufacturers need to make money and they don't want to raise the price - otherwise you won't buy their product!  So instead they pull a little sneaky and make their product smaller, charge the same price and hope we won't notice!  I think many of us have noticed.

I have found that some of my favorite recipes need tweeking so they 'work'.  This isn't the first time in recent years that product sizes have changed - I think that they have finally changed enough that it's starting to make a difference in the things that I cook because not all products are downsized at the same time.

This morning I thought about this in relation to other aspects of our lives.  Do our employers expect a certain amount of work from us and time invested in our jobs for the paycheck we receive?  Do our friends expect a certain amount of loyalty from us for the relationship that we cherish?  Does the Lord expect us to be 'firm and steadfast in all things' in order to give us those blessings He has in store for us?  And if I am less than what He expects - what blessings am I negating from my life?  I don't know about you - but I need all the blessings and help I can get - because I certainly can't do this all on my own.  My challenge to myself is to be ALL that I can be at whatever point in time I am so that I can be blessed with ALL that my Savior can give me at the time.  And that will be enough!

No comments: